I do not want to say I “suffer” from anxiety and depression because I don’t suffer, I live with them each and every day. Suffering is a pain, and I’m not in pain. I am overall a very happy person but I wasn’t always like that.
I used to suffer for many years, I would stay in bed, fake sick to get out school, not put in enough effort into my school work and binge eat till I was physically sick to match my mental state of mind. It was horrible and I felt miserable all the time.
Having a mental illness like depression or anxiety does not mean you are broken.
I refuse to be broken and that’s why I changed the way I think. Having a positive attitude is everything to me. You wouldn’t walk into a job interview and say, “I think I would be a good candidate”, no you would say “I would be a good candidate”. It’s the little things like that, that will kick your mental illness in the butt.
Here are some helpful tips to get your attitude positive, upbeat and better:
- Wake up every morning and say “I can do this!”
- Say “good morning” to everyone you pass in your office
- Greet people with a smile and a friendly hello
- Be patience, good things come to those who wait
- You are in control of your actions and your emotions
- If things are not going your way, stay calm and BREATHE!!!
- There are more positives than negatives in your life, focus on the good
- Work towards small goals every day
- Challenge yourself to help get out of your comfort zone.
- Love yourself. You can not love others unless you love yourself. You are worth love & you are absolutely wonderful & amazing & beautiful. You can do anything.